We will achieve this by enabling guides to unite into one representative body able to:
- The common voice of all guides in Bhutan at the national and international level.
- The shared interests of all guides.
- The image of Bhutanese guides.
- The highest degree of professionalism amongst all guides by:
- Developing and implementing a universal code of ethics and skills;
- Upgrading and promoting guide quality; and
- Combating untrained and unqualified guides.
- Pride and respect amongst guides for Bhutan’s unique cultural, historical and natural heritage.
- The guiding profession as an important and worthy profession in the tourism industry and as a permanent and attractivecareer for the Bhutanese youth.
- A sense of fellowship and friendship amongst guides.
- Guides with respect to their knowledge of Bhutan’s history, culture and other aspects of the country.
- Guides to enhance their leadership and guiding skills.
- Guides by providing them with relevant information on the policies of the Government, tourism industry and any other matters of interest which may be of benefit to them.
- The general public, tourists and other stakeholders of theimportance and value of professionally accredited tour guides to the country.
- Guides of the principles of Gross National Happiness.