Why join GAB?
Membership to GAB is a long-term investment and is open to all tourist guides accredited by Tourism Council of Bhutan. Membership to GAB has numerous benefits, such as access to information resources, contact and training opportunities, and access to the international network of tourist guides associations. The membership benefits include:
• Professional protection – represent, promote and increase greater visibility of guides at regional and global level, render platform for discussion and forum for tourist guides, national lobbying, and others.
• Entitlement to participate in all GAB activities and benefit from the facilities of the Association- publications, GAB’s website, networking, guidelines, newsletter of GAB activities, right to vote for GAB in decision making (association members only).
• Right to voice one’s view concerning one’s profession – Annual General Meetings and others.
• Professional development through trainings and workshops, lectures and workshops papers, exchange of experiences, information on new trends in tourism, training, and legal issues.
• Promotion and marketing of members as per their classification & specialization (e.g. to tour operators, or via GAB’s website) - information on anything related to their profession and database on tourist guides. • Access to GAB’s national network of tour guides and other tourism related contacts.